Friday, September 26, 2008

How To Get Free Meals In Restaurants # Part II

·

SECRET SHOPPER SERVICE
I once saw an ad in the classifieds for a secret shopper. I answered the ad and was hired by a national restaurant chain to eat in one of their restaurants twice a month. Each time I visited I had to make a full report on service, food, time it took, etc. I was reimbursed for my meals plus received extra money for doing it! Watch your classifieds, or you may start your own service.

BIRTHDAYS
Many restaurants offer discounts or free birthday cake on your birthday. I have found one restaurant that will give you a FREE MEAL on your birthday! I cannot print the name, but I can tell you it is a national chain of restaurants, and, you can get Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner for FREE! (I go to different locations for each meal.) Call your local restaurants to see what they do for birthdays.

FREE MEAL BENEFITS
A few years ago I decided to get a part-time job to make some extra money. Since I spent so much time in restaurants, I thought food service would be my first and best choice. I soon found myself working in a buffet style restaurant where employees can eat FREE on the days they work!

BARTER-SYSTEM-TRADE
Probably the best way I've found to get "practically free" meals is to trade for a service or product. I say "practically free" because there is a very small cost involved. I had already owned a pin on button machine much like those you see advertised in most magazines. I've been making sports buttons for schools and teams for about 7 or 8 years. One day a manager asked me if I had any Easter buttons for his waitresses to wear for the holiday. I came up with a design, had it printed and took 25 Easter buttons to the manager. When he asked me "how much?", I didn't know what to charge. He offered me a $9.00 steak dinner, and I said "OK!" (NOTE: My TOTAL costs to make these 25 buttons was $1.63!!) The following month he wanted 50 Mother's Day buttons (25 for each of his two stores). I received TWO complete meals of my choice including drink and dessert!! Every major holiday for the last seven years, I've traded holiday buttons for "practically free" meals!! I've also approached other restaurants in my area and had similar success.

NOTE: I only approach restaurants that I really would like to eat in. Just think, if you could barter with enough restaurants each holiday, you could accumulate enough meals to possibly eat "practically free" every day!!

Back to How To Get Free Meals In Restaurants # Part I

0 comments: